This trim kit is designed for door thicknesses of 1-1/4” to 2”
Before beginning, check that you have all included parts. (The PVC Door Trim Kit contains 1-inside trim frame, 1-outside trim frame, eight 1-5/8” Phillips head screws.) Optional: foam tape weather stripping (purchased locally)
• Place PVC Trim Kit on door at the desired location and draw a cutting template. Double check that the dimensions are 13-1/4” wide and 18-1/4” high.
• Cut out the opening.
• Lay a caulk bead around inside and outside surface along the edge of the cut opening.
• First press the inside trim piece onto the caulk bead on the inside of the door, then place the outside trim piece on the outside of the door—sandwiching the door between the trim pieces.
• Screw the Trim Kit pieces to the inside and outside of the door.
• Place the foam tape weather stripping onto the outside trim kit frame along the left, right and bottom edges.
• Mount the dog door to the outside trim kit frame with the two screws provided with the door. (See installation tips)